Cabin Baggage Allowance
The Government of India Regulations permits only one piece of cabin baggage on board; the dimensions of which should not exceed 115 linear cms.
JetKonnect permits the following Cabin Baggage Allowance for Economy Class – Domestic Travel
- 1 piece at 7 kgs per guest not exceeding 115 (H + W + L) linear cms (45 inches)
- For travel on our Boeing aircraft (B737) – not more than 55 cms in length, 35 cms in breadth, 25 cms in height
Baggage Dimensions for Boeing:
Strolley bags with the above specified dimensions will be allowed.
Guests are permitted to carry one laptop over and above one piece of hand luggage as cabin baggage. Guests traveling on flights originating from Srinagar and Jammu will not be allowed to carry any hand baggage.
Contours are available at all airports to check the dimensions. If it exceeds these specifications, you will be requested to check your bag into the baggage hold. Hand baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to availability of space in the Over Head Bin. Restricted stowage space is also available under the front seat. In the event of no space being available in the aircraft to stow hand baggage, it will be necessary to remove and load the same in the baggage hold as per safety regulations.
JetKonnect allows the following baggage allowance on all domestic routes:
|Sailor / Seamen
||15 kgs + 20 kgs
||Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC)
Please note that for checked-in baggage, no single piece of check-in baggage must weigh more than 32 Kgs. Excess baggage charge is levied on live animals traveling as Check-in-baggage. JetPrivilege members
Additional Baggage allowance for JetPrivilege members is as follows
- JetPrivilege Platinum - 20 kgs
- JetPrivilege Gold – 15 kgs
- JetPrivilege Silver – 10 kgs
Note: Additional JetPrivilege baggage allowance is not applicable on ATR type aircraft. Sailor / Seamen
Ship Crew is entitled to 40kgs baggage allowance both on domestic & international as long as the necessary parameters are met.
Note 1 : Two allowances can never be clubbed together unless otherwise specified . If a guest is eligible for two different allowances, the ticketed allowance will be applicable.
Note 2: Please be aware that baggage allowances are carrier regulated and might differ between carriers.
- The ticket is issued as a Seamen's discounted ticket based on the normal fare with the Seamen discount code mentioned on the ticket
- The Seamen have a valid Identity Proof
- The Seamen must be traveling on duty or positioning for duty or returning home from duty
Seamen travelling on any other fares (e.g. APEX fares, etc.) who are not ticketed on the normal fare, are not entitled to the 40 kgs baggage allowance.
Special Marine Baggage Allowance
Effective February 1, 2013, Baggage Allowance of 40 kgs will be applicable for guests booked on Special Marine Fares for travel within India on Jet Airways operated and Jet Airways Marketed / S2 Operated flights. This offer is applicable on Y, M, U, N, L & Q booking classes only.
- Persons who have an active seagoing duty and work on board a ship belonging to a merchant marine and are joining such ship.
- Anyone employed to work in the vessel and whose names are added to ship's crew manifest and has a letter of authorisation on the letterhead of the shipping company or Cruise line.
- Engineers / Contractors travelling to carry out work on a vessel whether in dock or at sea. Persons in possession of a seamen's book engaged in the repositioning of semi-submersible or drilling rigs under their own power.
Terms & Conditions:
Piece Concept – Domestic / International
- Special Marine fares are applicable on Jet Airways operated and Jet Airways Marketed / S2 Operated flights
- Special Marine fares are applicable on domestic India routes only.
- A written application must be submitted by the shipping company concerned, its agent, the ship's captain, a consul, a national shipping office or the appropriate government agency.
- Reservation must be made by the shipping company concerned, its agent, a consul, a national shipping office or the appropriate government agency concerned.
- The application must include a full description of the transportation required, place of origin and destination, name of passenger, name of vessel and company and date of flight departure.
- The seaman's ID booklet must be presented at the time of ticketing.
- The guest must hold a valid CDC.
- Tickets have to be issued on 9W documents only.
- Tickets will be printed with 40 kgs baggage allowances.
- Endorsement as "Valid on 9W / 9W* only & Baggage 40kg only against CDC"
- No-show penalty of INR 1500 will be levied
Jet Airways baggage rules will apply to interline journeys without stopover where JetKonnet domestic India flights are connecting to Jet Airways international flights and the whole journey is ticketed on a single document.
Excess baggage refers to the checked in baggage that exceeds the guest's Free Baggage Allowance. Guests would have to pay for any excess baggage. A flat rate of INR 250 per kg for baggage over and above the free baggage allowance will apply.
Please write to us at email@example.com for any further information.
All guests carrying check-in baggage / items exceeding the specified dimensions of 158 cms will be charged a flat fee of INR 1000 at the airport counter. This fee will be charged in addition to the existing excess baggage fee wherever applicable. This fee is applicable to all guests travelling within India.